Attendees will receive in-person help to fill out utility assistance applications for Philadelphia’s electric, gas and water customers. This event is free for all to attend.
Additionally, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Obtain free civil legal assistance,
- Apply for housing stabilization programs,
- Enroll in state benefit programs such as: LIHEAP, SNAP, and/or Medicare,
- Register for assistance on past-due property tax(s),
- Learn from workshops on basic budgeting and saving money on utility bills,
- Gather information on parenting education, preschool registration, and homelessness prevention,
- Enjoy light food and refreshments,
- Receive giveaways to help your home be more energy efficient (ex: light bulbs).
Participating partners include:
- Philadelphia Electric Company (PECO)
- Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW)
- Philadelphia Water Department (PWD)
- Councilwoman Maria Quiñones Sánchez, 7th District
- Community Legal Services (CLS)
- Utility Emergency Services Fund (UESF)
- Catholic Social Services (CSS), Casa del Carmen Family Service Center
- Philadelphia Department of Revenue
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC)
- 2-1-1 SEPA / United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
If you have any questions about the event, check out the Utility Fairs PHL FAQ. If you have any questions about utility assistance in Philadelphia, come to the event and ask!